About Me

I'm in Brasil on Rotary Youth Exchange for 2010-2011, and ive started a blog to keep everyone updated :)

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Oh The Joys of Companionship.... and SHOPPING!!!

Okay people I will just say now that i'm sorry that I haven't done a blog in the last month, I've been so CRAZY BUSY!

On Friday 2nd,  I picked up my good buddie Billi (from none other place than Horsham, Australia!) from the bus station after her 4 hour trip to my city! we went out to savassi and I introduced her to my friends, and had some fun with them just all hanging out. we had a really girly weekend, with lots of shopping and movies. it was great to have her here, it is nice to spend time with the other aussie's every once in a while.


we went and saw Eclipse at the movies which was amazing. Joanna came with us and we were all super dooper excited to see it!!! Jacob is so amazing! hahahaha
we went shopping and got a bit carried away in the shoe section of one of the stores. I dont know how many pairs of shoes we picked up between the three of us. 


Surprisingly I was the only one who came out of there with a new pair of shoes in hand though! they are amazing! mums first reaction was 'oh my god' hahaha


on the sunday we went to Feira hippy, which was very fun :) we once again bought a whole heap of stuff that we needed and even more stuff that we didn't need, but we had fun all the same. there was a store with a whole heap of very pirated looking dvds, which was 4 for 10 reais, so Emma and Billi also went a bit crazy there too hahaha.


I ended up with 5 movies and she had 4. so what did we do when we got home? bought junk food and watched heaps and heaps of movies! it was sad to see her leave on the monday.


so the next week, was pretty good. (im just thinking what i did during the week) On tuesday i did a mad dash around savassi looking for a dress to use for festa junina at school on wednesday, but i couldnt find any that wasnt ridiculously expensive, so i just went as emma hahaha
we had a lot of fun dancing and being silly, although it was a bit lame, but the good point being that we got 10 points for PE just for dancing hahahaha. BONUS!


went to savassi again on friday as usual, but went home earlier, as marilia went to brunas house, and regina picked us all up from savassi at the same time.


 I got home to find ingredients coming out my ears for glofballs and honeyjoys. we were having a surprise going away party for marilia on the saturday, so i got up in the morning and spent 2 &1/2 hours cooking sweets. i made 90 honeyjoys, 140 golfballs and 60 brigadeiro balls.
i was pretty impressed with my effort for that time space!


My last week or so with joanna was great, but in the same time, we both knew it was going to be superdooper hard to say goodbye. we went to praca da liberdade and took some photos and just chillaxed and as usual acted like idiots. she came and stayed at my house for a night after savassi, and we were up til 4am watching sempre ao seu lado which is the most beautiful film ever and, well we used a lot of tissues hahaha.


Then it came time for me to change families. I had soooo much stuff to pack up an take!!!!
leaving the Bengtsson family was really hard, because they have been so amazingly wonderful to me in so many ways. 
but i had to leave because they were going on a holiday just before marilia goes away, and then they will have another exchanger stay in their house. i stayed in Beatriz's house (past president of my club here) for 4 days or so, cramming homework like the world was going to end, because they told me that i would go away on holiday with one of the members of my club, and that i probably wouldnt have the time or internet to do my work. 
 on the last night that i spent in beatriz's house, we had a going away party for joanna with rotary. Unfortunatly because i was going away, i couldnt go to the airport with her on the monday. :( 



I had a very funny awesome present for her, as you can see, and she gave me a beautiful pendant with polish stone. 
well, im not going to say we didnt cry, because that would be lying. 

it was hard to see her go, because unlike leaving australia and knowing i would only be away for a year, i dont know how long it will be before i see her again. she was my closest friend here, and it was soo hard to say goodbye. 

♥ Eu saudade ela MUITO! Te amo Joanna. ♥




now i am here, in Sao joao Del Rei with my friendly rotarian Rita, and her daughter Cissa, and am having a lot of fun. but that is a story for next week, because my adventures here are not quite over yet :) 


sorry about the wait people. i have been busy, and the following week looks like it will be just the same! ai meu deus! e eu precisar voltar pra escola! urgh, muito chato. eu nao quero ir. eu nao quero ir pra Belo horizonte. eu quero ficar aqui! tehehehe 


Boa noite gente! 


xxxxxxem



0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com